Key Membership Benefits
- Business Space: The Chamber maintains a list of available business space.
- Conference Room: Our conference room can accommodate 20+ people and is available to members at no cost. The Chamber will provide coffee, water, and all condiments for the coffee station. If you wish to have your meeting catered, the Chamber will provide suggestions and contact information for member caterers. Room is available after normal business hours and over weekends.
- Demographic/Economic Information: The Chamber provides free updated statistical information.
- Event Planning: Whether you’re hosting an Open House, Ribbon Cutting, Customer Appreciation Day, Business After Hours or other event, the Chamber staff is experienced in helping you plan your event. We'll sit down with you to discuss and share tips to get your party started. We'll provide our detailed media sheet and review how you can plan an event to fit your budget. Members receive exclusive promotions of their events. Contact us to schedule a meeting.
- Free Business Counseling: Offered at our office at no cost by the Chamber’s Executive Director, Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC). These personal meetings (as scheduled) are key for new business start-ups as well as existing businesses that wish to enhance their operations. Collectively, we have many resources to provide the information you need and brainstorming sessions to help your business thrive.
- Health Insurance: Receive a no-obligation quote for affordable health insurance through Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance plan in Ohio, offering a large network of physicians and hospitals. Members receive a list of local agents.
- Hot Deals: “Shop Local, Shop Chamber Members First!” As a member, you may offer and receive exclusive discounts. All members and their associates are qualified to receive these discounts. That's thousands of employees to welcome new and recurring customers through your doors.
- Introductions: The power of networking! The Chamber will provide a letter of introduction as a great tool to announce your business and help make contacts with prospective clients. Contact Carol@KnoxChamber.com to discuss.
- Life Insurance: This guaranteed issue life insurance is available for employees working a minimum of 30 hours a week. Some people find it difficult to get life insurance due to a number of issues, so this is worth getting the no obligation details and quote.
- Mailing List: The Chamber’s membership list is available for free as an “Excel” attachment; or $25 for mailing labels to our member investors. We do keep e-mail addresses, employee numbers and fax numbers private..
- Membership Decal and Logo Usage: Your membership decal offers visibility and creditability to your business or organization. Chamber members are also welcome to display the Chamber logo on their website and brochures.
- Notary Service and Export Certifications: Two staff members are Notary Publics for the State of Ohio. We also have appropriate stamps for export certifications (Certificate of Origin).
- Ribbon Cutting & Ground Breaking Ceremonies: If a business would like to schedule one of these ceremonies, contact Programs@KnoxChamber.com. We will help you plan the perfect event.
- Web site: Members are provided with a free listing including a link to their Web site, business description, telephone, address, and "hidden" e-mail option. Our site was designed for enhanced communications and to promote your business.
- Welcome Center: The Chamber greets professionals and residents to our community. We distribute brochures, maps and information. Members are encouraged to provide brochures and business cards for our display racks. If your company has a new hire, we are happy to provide a welcome packet about Knox County. We also provide personal tours to executives upon request. Contact us to schedule.
- Workers Comp Insurance Savings: Save money on workers’ compensation premiums by enrolling in our group rating plan. We endorse CompManagement and have a long-term, positive relationship with them. Your business will receive personalized service from their knowledgeable staff with superior customer service skills and you may save up to 53% on your premium.
Educational and Networking Opportunities
- Resources, Resources, Resources!: We are over 400 members strong, and can help you address your business needs. Tell us your needs and we have the resources to direct you to knowledgeable, friendly and in many cases local assistance. We provide introductions, will do research for you, and maintain confidentiality when necessary.
- Business Boost Breakfast: Held three times per year in April, July, and October. These breakfast meetings are true networking events. Bring a stack of business cards for distribution. Everyone will participate in a fun exercise to get you up and about, exchanging cards and meeting everyone in the room.
- Chamber Mixer: Hosted by a different Chamber business, this is a new Chamber networking event. Its social and casual atmosphere is the perfect way to make new friends and business contacts. Everyone is welcome to attend. It is open to the public so feel free to bring a friend. The more, the merrier! Oh, and it’s free!
- Coffee With The Chamber: This is a new Chamber event specifically designed for small businesses. These events will be held three times per year, and will focus on issues relating to small businesses. Each event will have an open round table discussion with a light breakfast. Coffee With The Chamber is also a free event!
- Education Needs: The Chamber works with employers to get the appropriate expert for training needs. We have many contacts and will help you arrange on-site classes or local trainings at an area event center.
- Leadership Knox: This ten-month program is designed for individuals to study and address critical issues in Knox County, enhance their knowledge of county operations, and foster community service and leadership opportunities. Since 1999, more than 300 people have graduated from the program. Whether you are born and raised here, or new to the county, you will learn many components of county operations and be inspired to learn of opportunities how you can give back to the community.
- Listings: The Chamber maintains a variety of lists that will be helpful to you and your business. We research and update the information on an annual basis. Topics include demographics, business listing, elected officials (from Township Trustees to President of the United States), clubs and organizations, and more.
- Mixers: Hosted by Chamber members, social mixers are scheduled three times per year. This premium networking event in a causal atmosphere is also open to the public.
- Safety Council: Each month this BWC sponsored program is facilitated by the Chamber to encourage safe practices in the workplace. Participation in Safety Council can result in a 4% rebate on BWC premiums.
- Volunteering: The Chamber has several steering committees and opportunities to volunteer at events. It is a great way to be seen while contributing to the business community.
- Workforce Development: Is your business seeking specific employee training classes? The Chamber has a seat on the WorkforceDEV alliance. The group is represented by the Chamber, Area Development Foundation, Central Ohio Technical College, Knox Technical Center, Opportunity Knox, and Ohio Department of Job & Family Services. We host educational sessions throughout the year; or will assist you in finding the expert to come to your business. Tell us your training needs by contacting Carol@KnoxChamber.com.
- Membership Directory: Membership Directory is published annually and distributed throughout the county. This professional directory is also available as a "flip book" under the Directory tab.
- Newsletter: Business Broadcast is published monthly and distributed electronically to more than 2,000 people. The content includes training sessions, networking opportunities, legislative reports, member news, events and more. It's just one way to stay connected with your Chamber.
- Newsletter Promoting Member Events: Having a special event or new services you wish to promote? It's free through the Chamber newsletter. That's right...free! E-mail the details to Chamber@knoxchamber.com and your news will appear in the next Chamber newsletter. It's a great way to reach about 2,000 people. Include a Word or PDF document to describe your event. Member events are also placed on our Website Calendar and social media for more exposure.
- Plat Books: The Chamber sells Plat Books for Knox County. Stop in our office during regular business hours to purchase one.
- Membership Directory (Printed and On-Line): Get noticed! Members may advertise in our glossy, full-color Community Profile and Membership Directory. This yearly publication is distributed to more than 1,500 people and also appears under the Directory tab. It's more exposure to direct people to your business.
- Sponsorships: Our signature events like the Awards Dinner, Golf Outing, New Educators Breakfast and Business Boost Breakfast provide exclusive recognition for your business.
- Newsletter Banner Ads: The monthly newsletter is distributed to more than 2,000 people. Your ad is predominantly placed between featured articles for great exposure. Email email@example.com for more details.
- Website Banner Ads: Advertise on the Chamber's website. Our website receives thousands of hits annually. This is a great way to receive local, regional and even national exposure. Banner ads are a popular form of Internet adverting and we offer several different rates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.