Key Membership Benefits
- Business Space: The Chamber maintains a list of available business space.
- Demographic/Economic Information: The Chamber provides free statistical information.
- Event Planning: Whether you’re hosting an Open House, Ribbon Cutting, Customer Appreciation, or other event, the Chamber staff is experienced in helping you plan your event. Members receive exclusive promotions of their events. Contact us to schedule a meeting.
- Free Business Counseling: Offered at our office at no cost by the Chamber’s Executive Director, Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC). These personal meetings (as scheduled) are key for new business start-ups as well as existing businesses that wish to enhance their operations. Collectively, we have many resources to provide the information you need and brainstorming sessions to help your business thrive.
- Health Insurance: Receive a no-obligation quote for affordable health insurance through Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance plan in Ohio, offering a large network of physicians and hospitals.
- Introductions: The power of networking! The Chamber will provide a letter of introduction; this is a great tool to announce your business and help make contacts with prospective clients. Contact Carol to discuss.
- Mailing List: The Chamber’s membership list is available for free as an “Excel” attachment; or $25 for mailing labels to our member investors. We do keep e-mail addresses, employee numbers and fax numbers private.
- Meeting Room: The meeting room can accommodate 20+ people and is available to members 24/7 at no cost. Coffee, water, and all condiments for the coffee station are provided. If you wish to have your meeting catered check with Chamber staff for a list of member caterers.
- Hot Deals: “Shop Local, Shop Chamber Members First!” As a member, you may offer and receive exclusive discounts. All members and their associates are qualified to receive these discounts.
- Membership Decal and Logo Usage: Display your membership decal in a visible are. Chamber membership brings creditability to your business or organization. Chamber members should proudly display the Chamber logo on their Web site and brochures.
- Notary Service and Export Certifications: Two staff members are Notary Publics for the State of Ohio. We also have appropriate stamps for export certifications.
- Ribbon Cutting & Ground Breaking Ceremonies: If a business would like to schedule one of these ceremonies, contact Programs@KnoxChamber.com.
- Web site: Members are provided with a free listing including a link to their Web site, business description, telephone, and address. Our site was designed for enhanced communications and to promote your business.
- Welcome Center: The Chamber greets professionals and residents to our community. We distribute brochures, maps and information. Members are encouraged to provide brochures and business cards for our display racks. If your company has a new hire, we are happy to provide a welcome packet about Knox County. We also provide personal tours to executives upon request. Contact us to schedule.
- Workers Comp Insurance Savings: Save money on workers’ compensation premiums by enrolling in our group rating plan. We endorse CompManagement and have a long-term, positive relationship with them. Your business will receive personalized service from their knowledgeable staff with superior customer service skills.
Educational and Networking Opportunities
- Resources, Resources, Resources!: We are over 400 members strong...a group of experts ready to address your business needs. Tell us your needs and we have the resources to direct you to knowledgeable and friendly assistance and in many cases, local assistance. We provide introductions, will research for you, and maintain confidentiality when necessary.
- Business After Hours: Hosted by a different Chamber business, this is a classic Chamber networking event. Its social and casual atmosphere is the perfect way to make new friends and business contacts. Everyone is welcome to attend. It is open to the public so feel free to bring a friend. The more, the merrier! Oh, and it’s free!
- Leadership Knox: This ten-month program is designed for individuals to study and address critical issues in Knox County, enhance their knowledge of county operations, and foster community service and leadership opportunities. Since 1999, more than 200 people have graduated from the program. Whether you are born and raised here, or new to the county, you will learn many components of county operations and be inspired to learn of opportunities how you can give back to the community.
- Listings: The Chamber maintains a variety of lists that will be helpful to you and your business. We research and update the information on an annual basis. Topics include demographics, business listing, elected officials (from Township Trustees to President of the United States), clubs and organizations, and more.
- Safety Council: Each month this BWC sponsored program is facilitated by the Chamber to encourage safe practices in the workplace. Participation in Safety Council can result in a 4% rebate on BWC premiums.
- Volunteering: The Chamber has several steering committees and opportunities to volunteer at events. It is a great way to be seen while contributing to the business community.
- Workforce Development: Is your business seeking specific employee training classes? The Chamber has a seat on the WorkforceDEV alliance. The group is represented by the Chamber, Area Development Foundation, Central Ohio Technical College, Knox Technical Center, Opportunity Knox, and Ohio Department of Job & Family Services. We host educational sessions throughout the year; or will assist you in finding the expert to come to your business. Tell us your training needs by contacting Carol@KnoxChamber.com.