Adult Education Director
Knox Technical Center
Adult Education at Knox County Career Center
308 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050
Posting Date: November 4, 2021 Application Deadline: November 17, 2021
Knox County Career Center Schools is a public school district located in Mount Vernon, Ohio,
that serves preschool students, over 600 high school students in 19 career technical programs
at Knox County Career Center, and adult students in 15 career technical programs through Knox
Technical Center. Our educational environment is committed to preparing students for success.
Knox Technical Center is looking for:
Director, Adult Education (Anticipated)
Based on education and experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the career and technical education field
• Preference given to candidates who hold a master’s degree in a field related to adult
education, educational administration or another career-tech related field.
• Current, valid licensure as an educational administrator in Ohio obtainable through Ohio
Department of Education
• Prefer experience in workforce development, customized training and budget management
• Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements
may be substituted.
• Satisfactory FBI and BCI background check, drug testing, and reference checking.
Description: Full-time (260 day) position to manage staff and activities of Knox Technical Center. The
position includes benefits.
Essential Functions Include:
1. Ensures Knox Technical Center complies with governing rules and regulations
2. Establishes policies and procedures
3. Oversees areas of compliance
4. Manages front office
5. Facilitates faculty professional development
6. Maintains an environment conducive to working
7. Communicates with institutional advisory committee
8. Fosters positive relationships with area industry leaders
9. Achieves financial objectives for each program
10. Maintains standards and procedures for learner admission and graduation standards
11. Ensures safe environment for learners and faculty by maintaining standards
12. Manages staff by recruiting; hiring; implementing orientation processes; scheduling work
hours; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and
disciplining; recommending for promotion, retention, or termination.
13. Evaluates staff effectiveness and role performance
14. Facilitates communication among stakeholders
15. Serves as role model
16. Fosters professional relationship with staff and learners
17. Oversees the developing new classes and programs
18. Maintains professional and technical knowledge
19. Performs other essential functions and non-essential functions as assigned by
Please Apply To: Send Resume and Application (see link below) to:
Kathy Greenich, Superintendent
Knox County Career Center
306 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
The Knox County Career Center Schools/Knox Technical Center are committed to the equal
opportunity for all personnel and students and does not discriminate on the bases of race,
color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities.